Prolong battery life
Many features in your device increase the demand on battery power and reduce the
battery lifetime. To save battery power, note the following:
● Features that use Bluetooth connectivity, or allowing such features to run in the
background while using other features, increase the demand on battery power.
Deactivate Bluetooth connectivity when you do not need it.
● If you have selected Packet data connection > When available in the
connection settings, and there is no packet data coverage (GPRS), the device
periodically tries to establish a packet data connection. To prolong the operating
time of your device, select Packet data connection > When needed.
● If the signal strength of the cellular network varies much in your area, your device
must scan for the available network repeatedly. This increases the demand on
● The backlight of the display increases the demand on battery power. In the
display settings, you can adjust the display brightness and change the time-out
period after which the backlight is switched off. Select Menu > Settings and
Phone > Display > Brightness or Light time-out.
● Leaving applications running in the background increases the demand on battery
power. To access the applications you are not using, press and hold the menu
key, and select an application.
© 2010 Nokia. All rights reserved.