Multimedia message settings
Select Menu > Messaging and Options > Settings > Multimedia message.
Select from the following:
● Image size — Define the size of the image in a multimedia message.
● MMS creation mode — If you select Guided, the device informs you if you try
to send a message that may not be supported by the recipient. If you select
Restricted, the device prevents you from sending messages that may not be
supported. To include content in your messages without notifications, select
● Access point in use — Select which access point is used as the preferred
© 2010 Nokia. All rights reserved.
● Multimedia retrieval — Select how you want to receive messages, if available.
To receive messages automatically in your home network, select Auto in home
netw.. Outside your home network, you receive a notification that there is a
message to retrieve in the multimedia message centre. If you select Always
automatic, your device automatically makes an active packet data connection
to retrieve the message both in and outside your home network. Select Manual
to retrieve multimedia messages from the message centre manually, or Off to
prevent receipt of any multimedia messages. Automatic retrieval may not be
supported in all regions.
● Allow anonymous msgs. — Reject messages from anonymous senders.
● Receive adverts — Receive multimedia message advertisements (network
● Receive reports — Display the status of sent messages in the log (network
● Deny report sending — Prevent your device from sending delivery reports of
● Message validity — Select for how long the message centre resends your
message if the first attempt fails (network service). If the message cannot be
sent within this time period, the message is deleted from the message centre.
The device requires network support to indicate that a sent message has been
received or read. Depending on the network and other circumstances, this
information may not always be reliable.