Important: This device operates using radio signals, wireless networks,
landline networks, and user-programmed functions. If your device supports voice
calls over the internet (internet calls), activate both the internet calls and the cellular
phone. The device will attempt to make emergency calls over both the cellular
networks and through your internet call provider if both are activated. Connections
in all conditions cannot be guaranteed. You should never rely solely on any wireless
device for essential communications like medical emergencies.
To make an emergency call:
1. If the device is not on, switch it on. Check for adequate signal strength.
Depending on your device, you may also need to complete the following:
● Insert a SIM card if your device uses one.
● Remove certain call restrictions you have activated in your device.
● Change your profile from offline profile mode to an active profile.
Product and safety information
© 2010 Nokia. All rights reserved.
● If the screen and keys are locked, slide the lock switch on the side of the device
to unlock them.
2. Press the end key as many times as needed to clear the display and ready the
device for calls.
3. To open the dialler, select Telephone or .
4. Enter the official emergency number for your present location. Emergency
numbers vary by location.
5. Press the call key.
When making an emergency call, give all the necessary information as accurately
as possible. Your wireless device may be the only means of communication at the
scene of an accident. Do not end the call until given permission to do so.