Implanted medical devices
Manufacturers of medical devices recommend a minimum separation of 15.3
centimetres (6 inches) between a wireless device and an implanted medical device,
such as a pacemaker or implanted cardioverter defibrillator, to avoid potential
interference with the medical device. Persons who have such devices should:
● Always keep the wireless device more than 15.3 centimetres (6 inches) from the
● Not carry the wireless device in a breast pocket.
● Hold the wireless device to the ear opposite the medical device.
● Turn the wireless device off if there is any reason to suspect that interference is
● Follow the manufacturer directions for the implanted medical device.
If you have any questions about using your wireless device with an implanted
medical device, consult your health care provider.