Taking care of your device
Your device is a product of superior design and craftsmanship and should be treated
with care. The following suggestions will help you protect your warranty coverage.
● Keep the device dry. Precipitation, humidity, and all types of liquids or moisture
can contain minerals that will corrode electronic circuits. If your device does get
Product and safety information
© 2010 Nokia. All rights reserved.
wet, remove the battery, and allow the device to dry completely before replacing
● Do not use or store the device in dusty, dirty areas. Its moving parts and electronic
components can be damaged.
● Do not store the device in high or cold temperature. High temperatures can
shorten the life of electronic devices, damage batteries, and warp or melt certain
plastics. When the device warms to its normal temperature from a cold
temperature, moisture can form inside the device and damage electronic circuit
● Do not attempt to open the device other than as instructed in this guide.
● Do not drop, knock, or shake the device. Rough handling can break internal circuit
boards and fine mechanics.
● Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or strong detergents to clean the
device. Only use a soft, clean, dry cloth to clean the surface of the device.
● Do not paint the device. Paint can clog the moving parts and prevent proper
● Use only the supplied or an approved replacement antenna. Unauthorised
antennas, modifications, or attachments could damage the device and may
violate regulations governing radio devices.
● Use chargers indoors.
● Backup all data you want to keep, such as contacts and calendar notes.
● To reset the device from time to time for optimum performance, power off the
device and remove the battery.
These suggestions apply equally to your device, battery, charger, or any accessory.